Job title: Maintenance Engineer
Benefits: Bonus paid twice a year! excellent pension, paid holiday, fantastic training, excellent progression plans.
Shifts: 3’s and 2’s days and Nights (12 hour shifts)
My client, the UK's leading manufacturers of high-quality products are looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their business in Luton. Massive on research and development, my client stays ahead of the competition by constantly developing their production lines ensuring their packaging is lighter, cheaper and more durable than their closest rival. My client is also able to complete high volume orders 5 weeks faster than the UK's average with the state-of-the-art machinery, meaning their order books are full. Last year they invested heavily in the plant installing a brand new fully automated line with another hi-tech machine going in this year.
Your day to day responsibilities as a Maintenance Engineer will include:
- The planned and reactive maintenance and service of flow wrapping machines, blow film extruder's, flexographic printing, conveyors plus more.
- Mechanically you will mainly be replacing worn out parts which will include rollers, bearings, pulleys and Pneumatics.
- Electrical work will include reading through electrical schematics, utilizing electrical test equipment such as multi-meters and fault finding on panels.
- Mainly swapping both electrical and mechanical components like for like with the odd strip and rebuild project.
- Being involved with project and continuous improvement work meaning you are engineering problems out as appose to sticking a plaster on it.
To be successful in your application for a Maintenance Engineer you will need:
- An electrical or mechanical qualification.
- Maintenance experience in a production, manufacturing or warehousing environment.
- Alternatively, you could be from the Navy, Army or RAF with an electrical qualification.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you should expect:
- You will be joining a highly successful £multi-million company who can offer a massive amount of stability and security.
- Bonus paid twice a year.
- Opportunity for progression both technically and working your way up the man management if you want it.
- Fantastic salary and benefits package.
- Contribution pension