Mechanical Design Engineer
Derbyshire (Commutable from Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham and Sheffield)
£30,000 – 40,000 + Agile Working + Competitive Pension
ATA Recruitment are working exclusively with a leading process engineering business who run multi-million pound turnkey process engineering projects for the food, beverage, distillery and pharmaceutical markets. We are currently supporting the business in the recruitment of a Mechanical Design Engineer who will work in their pre-engineering function. You will be responsible for carrying out the Mechanical Design work required for proposals on projects to allow my client to win bids on projects.
The business turns over £50 million and deliver projects through design, equipment procurement and installation for customers in the UK, USA and Asia predominantly. The UK business is part of a European group of companies with a turnover in excess of €350 million.
The business has been trading over 250 years, employs over 200 people and is currently going through a growth phase due to several large turnkey project wins in the UK, USA and Europe. As a result of this the company have very ambitious growth plans to double their turnover in the next three years.
They are a true engineering business who employ over 100 staff in engineering roles across process design, mechanical design, controls and automation and project engineering. The business offers their customers consultancy services and full turnkey project management services to their clients and are seeing a large increase in the number of turnkey projects they are winning. Many of their customers are large blue chip global FMCG companies which a testament to the first-class service they offer.
This Mechanical Design Engineer role sits within the company’s pre-engineering division. When the sales team identify enquiries for new projects they are then passed on to the pre-engineering team to create proposals for the customer. Your role within this will be:
An initial process design sketch will have been created by the process design team, your role as Mechanical Design Engineer will then be to:
- Develop the sketches from the process team into a full P&ID Schematic using CADWorx P&ID.
- There could be up to 25 P&IDs on a proposal to develop schematics for.
- 3D Modelling of the plant layout on CADWorx Plant – this will include some basic modelling of structural and bespoke items (flow plates, platforms) as well as creating the 3D Model for the pipework and process plant equipment on the project.
- Site surveys for new customer enquiries to understand the layout potential at site.
- Working with the rest of the pre-engineering team to provide any further mechanical design information required for proposals.
My client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with:
- A mechanical design background
- The ability to produce 3D process plant layouts
- Exposure to detailing P&IDs
- Someone who enjoys customer engagement and liaising with customers.
- A strong team player
- A mechanical engineering qualification.
For this Mechanical Design Engineer role you will receive:
- £30,000 – 40,000 dependent upon experience
- Flexible working hours policy
- Agile working with two days homeworking per week.
- Company Pension which increases with age
- 30 Days Holiday to Use Flexibly Across the year (3 day shutdown over Christmas, you can work bank holidays and use the holiday day elsewhere)
All applications for the position are being managed via ATA Recruitment, please apply online for a speedy consideration.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation