Role – Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location – Selby
Salary - £30,000 to £35,000 plus overtime (x1.5)
Shifts – Monday to Friday (6 – 2 / 2 – 10 / 10 – 6)
About the business
Our Client are a multi-million pound manufacturer specialising in the production of various cardboard packaging solutions for a wide variety of end users. With three manufacturing sites across the UK, plus warehousing facilities, they operate a Just-In-Time delivery service being able to deliver some of their product lines within the same day.
Thanks to heavy reinvestment of profits, the business has not only grown, but quadrupled their turnover in the last 25 years to over £125 million. In the last 3 years they have invested £15 million in new state of the art production equipment further boosting their production capacity and overall efficiency.
About the role
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Reacting to breakdowns as they arise.
- Rectification of mechanical faults swapping parts like for like.
- Stripping down components on the bench, machining or fabricating new parts if required.
- Performing any assigned Planned Preventative tasks.
- Basic Electrical fault finding.
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will work alongside an Electrical Maintenance Engineer, taking the lead on any Mechanical work and assisting with Electrical work where capable.
To be eligible for the role, you will need to have the following background as a minimum:
- A recognised Mechanical Qualification (City & Guilds, NVQ or Apprenticeship).
- Must have experience fault finding on Mechanical Systems.
- Must be able to perform bench repairs, including machining and fabrication of new parts.