Role: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Days)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 07:00 – 15:00 and 1 in every 6 weeks you will do 10:00 – 18:00
Salary: £31-35k plus (DOE)
Location: South Yorkshire (commutable from Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, Wakefield, Leeds)
My client is on the hunt for an experienced multi skilled maintenance engineer to join their busy production site in South Yorkshire. They are the leading manufacturer of premium glass containers and bottles across the UK and Europe for several industries such as beauty, pharmaceutical, beverages and many more.
With their continued success and winning new business, they are at their peak. They take pride in their workforce and are all about meeting their customers’ requirements.
The role of the Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
Main purpose of this role is to carry out preventative, routine, and emergency breakdowns on a range of equipment and components in a glass manufacturing site. Some additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Work collaboratively with co workers
- Be involved in both electrical and mechanical proactive and reactive maintenance
- Follow the health and safety guidelines as required
- Investigate route cause of all breakdowns and machine speed losses
- Electrically you will work on: fault find on single and three phase systems, servo motors and AC motors, sensors and various control systems. Basic PLC’s and CNC machines along with pneumatic systems.
- Mechanically you will work on: rollers, gear boxes, shafts, pneumatics and hydraulics. Machine setting work where you will be required to strip machine assemblies to component level and rebuild.
Requirements of the Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
- Have worked to the above standards and components before
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualifications, apprentice trained, (HNC mechanical or electrical engineering or BTEC Level 3)
- 3 years glass industry preferred but not essential.
- An excellent mechanical aptitude and willingness to cross skill with other engineers.
- Positive attitude to change and acceptance of additional responsibility when required.
- Experience of fast paced manufacturing, engineering production environments.
Interviews are taking place week commencing 11.01.2021, hit apply to avoid disappointment
If you think you are the right Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer for this company, please press apply, call Dalvir on 07583 174632, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.