Plastic Products Manager
£45-50k + £500pcm car allowance + Discretionary bonus + company pension
Working across a variety of industries, our client is a family owned and managed distributor with over half a century of experience. Operating within a varied product market, our client provides added value to their customers by helping them to customise their products for better use.
In operation since the mid 80’s and with a turnover of c£9million, they have gone from strength to strength and are now currently looking for a skilled Products Manager from the plastics industry to join their friendly, hard-working, and dedicated team.
While the company works across various industries, the role of Plastic Products Manager will be acting as a liaison between potential clients and the project team within plastics projects.
Example customer process
- Existing customer or new business customer have a requirement for a plastic product
- Technical details of the proposed product will be sent over usually via CAD file
- Involvement in visualisation and discussion around how the product can be manufactured
- Discuss the requirement with the customer technically and make any recommendations based around the design of the product
- Sales will then generate the quote with a commercial offer
- After being accepted - final drawings are produced and then the part/product will be agreed to be manufactured
- At that point it goes to the Project Manager to run the job while updates/liaisons will continue between Plastics Products Manager and the client
- Customer visits – discussing current or pending projects for the clients (new product development). Circa once a week
- Attending trade exhibitions
- Factory visit to China – circa once a year
The successful Plastic Products Manager will have:
- Previous experience/working knowledge of the plastic moulding process
- Ideally, experience of design reviews/tool making
- Be approachable and enjoy working within a customer focussed role
- Happy working on own steam/be self-motivated
- Well organised and detail driven
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation