Derbyshire – Commutable from Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham
£45,000 – 55,000 + £5,400 car allowance + 50% Uplift when overseas on projects + Company Pension + Flexible Working Policy (3 Office, 2 From Home)
We are working exclusively in partnership with one of the UK’s leading process engineering companies. The business focus on the delivery of turnkey engineering projects for the Drinks, Food and Pharmaceutical industries delivering bespoke projects from concept design through to installation and commissioning at site.
The projects the company deliver range from £2 - £50 million in value and the business employs nearly 300 people across their UK operations include a team of sixteen Project Managers
The company have grown incredibly in the past five years from a turnover of £25 million to £80 million and expect to grow further to become a £100 million business in the next two years. The company has the backing of a large global organisation and a trading history dating back over 200 years.
As part of their growth they are now looking to recruit two new Project Manager who will be responsible for running multi-million pound turnkey engineering projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who truly value professional Project Management who can offer exciting projects to lead.
As a Project Manager you will be fully responsible for the scope, performance and management of projects in the range of £2 – 20 million. My client is responsible for delivering the engineering design, equipment installation, commissioning at site and all sub-contract supply for mechanical equipment and electrical hardware on projects they run.
You will initially receive a project handover from sales, your key role as Project Manager will then be to:
- To form the Project team to deliver the project (i.e CAD Designer, Electrical Engineer, Cost Engineer, Software Engineer, Project Engineer)
- To define the scope of work for the project and schedule the resources required.
- To manage variations to scope, time and cost as the project progresses.
- To identify the biggest risks to successfully completion of the project and along with the support of your team to create action points to mitigate for these risks.
- Coach the team around issues they face on delivering during the project.
- To make the decisions when to take the lead on conversations and negotiations with suppliers during the project.
- To provide regular reports on project progress, performance vs budget and cost to complete
- To ensure customer expectations are managed accordingly during the project lifecycle and that communication around project milestones and payment schedules are clear.
To be successful in your application for this Project Manager role you will need.
- An engineering qualification.
- Experience running engineering related projects circa 2 million or above
- To be a fantastic relationship builder
- To be able to identify and mitigate for scope and cost related risks on engineering projects.
- To be able to build project teams that work together effectively.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong experience is cost control within projects.
The successful Project Manager will receive the following benefits:
- £45,000 - 55,000 basic salary
- Car Allowance £5,400
- A company contributory pension scheme.
- A flexible working policy three in the office, two days from home.
- Flexible working hours around core business hours.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you’re interested please apply online for speedy consideration.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation