QHSE Manager, Coleford, days
£35,000 – 40,000, plus double matched pension up to 10% and a generous holiday allowance.
About the company
ATA are supporting a national manufacturing group on a search for a QHSE manager to join their team in Coleford. Established in the late 80s, this innovative manufacturer is responsible for producing 600,000 cubic square meters of their products annually and are trailblazers within their market.
They do this as part of a larger manufacturing group who turnover £350 million per annum, with 15 manufacturing sites dotted throughout the UK, which are all specially built to house a unique, LEAN & efficient production processes specific to them. Due to their market sustaining am impressive period of growth, my client has grown as a business by £100 million over the last three years.
Growth has allowed them to acquire some of their competition and put in future plans to safeguard their business. These plans include building a brand-new supersite which will be the largest and most automated of its kind in Europe.
About the role
As a QHSE manager you will have dual responsibility of managing both the health and safety and quality practices within a business manufacturing environment.
- Completing H&S checks daily and periodically.
- Writing and setting up standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring standard operating procedures are compliant with company guidelines.
- Managing staff to standard operating procedures
- Writing and undertaking risk assessment.
- Ensuring contactors and full-time employees have the correct work permits.
- Completing occupational health surveys.
- To deliver monthly SHE practices and initiatives.
- Work with employees to train and improve health and safety practices and behaviours on site.
- Accident, near miss investigation and reporting.
- Working towards every process is in accordance to relevant ISO management systems.
- Review current quality assurance practices and develop new strategies to implement change.
- Daily quality checks, ensuring products are passing quality standards.
- Quality investigations and report writing.
- Working towards minimising waste.
- Presenting to senior team members.
To be considered for this QHSE manager role you should have experience working in a similar capacity and have a strong understanding of how H&S & quality practices should be managed within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience facilitating change and overhauling quality procedures (Beneficial).
- NEBOSH qualified.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally you will have had experience or exposure to the following ISO management systems – 18001, 9001, 14001 or 45001.
- You should be an analytic and strategic thinker.
- You should have the ability to deliver training sessions and present to senior management.
With the current uncertainty in the world and for UK manufacturing, this is a fantastic opportunity for a QHSE manager to join a stable, secure business that have been going strength to strength over the last five years. You will be joining a department where you will be able to put your own unique stamp on things and really make it your own. Further to this, you will be working with a supportive plant manager who has a real direction for the site.
If you think you are the right QHSE manager for this market leader, please press apply, call Ashton on 07814 905283, or email your CV to email@example.com