Senior Project Engineer
£40,000 – 45,000 + £4,300 Car Allowance + 50% Uplift on salary when overseas on projects + Agile Working + Flexible Holiday Policy
We are currently working closely in partnership with a leading engineering business who run multi-million pound turnkey engineering projects for the beverage, distillery and pharmaceutical markets. We are currently supporting the business in the recruitment of a Senior Project Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer to join an industry leading business who can provide a route to chartership.
The business turns over £80 million and delivers projects in from concept design all the way through to installation and commissioning at customer sites.
The business has been trading over 250 years, employs over 300 people and is currently going through a growth phase due to several large turnkey project wins in the UK, USA and Europe. The business has grown incredibly from just £25 million six years ago and 2023 will them surpassing the £100 million turnover mark for the first time as they continue to win large volumes of high value projects.
Reporting directly to the Head of Project Engineering, the Senior Project Engineer will be a key member of a growing team and will have the opportunity to pass on knowledge and experience to more junior and graduate engineers.
The Senior Project Engineer will take the P&ID initially designed for the project and then effectively this into a reality for the client through various stages, including:
- Producing equipment specifications for process equipment including specifying pipework.
- Sizing and specifying of other process plant equipment required for the project i.e tanks and vessels.
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors to generate tender specifications and to then complete technical reviews and cost comparisons to select suitable equipment suppliers.
- Conducting site surveys to ensure the P&ID layout is fit for purpose for site
- Review of all 3D models designed by the team to ensure the P&ID layout is suitable for the environment.
- Tracks progress for delivery of all equipment from suppliers, ensuring it is on time and to budget.
- Feeding back on equipment costs to Project Managers to allow them to understand overall project costs.
- Offers technical support for installation and testing phases.
- Commissioning – taking the process plant form installation through to reliable handover with the customer
The ideal Senior Project Engineer will be keen to progress their career alongside a growing business as well as having:
- A relevant engineering qualification.
- An interest in career development – the business can support people to Chartered status if they are interested
- Experience in a project engineering related role
- A strong team player who communicates well with others
- A strong organiser who works well to deadlines.
- £40,000 to £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Company car allowance of £4,300 per annum.
- The opportunity to work on projects both in the UK and Internationally
- Flexible holiday policy
- Agile working policy (3 from the office, 2 from home)
- The business also offers a 50% uplift on basic salary when you are overseas on projects for 10 days or more.
If you think you are the right person for this role please apply online for a speedy consideration.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation