Senior Proposals Engineer
£40,000 – 50,000 + Agile Working + Flexible Holiday Policy
Our client has gone through an incredible period of growth doubling in size from £50 million to £100 million in the last two years alone. The company has continued to win and deliver large scale turnkey engineering projects and continue to grow as a result of their reputation in the market place and the outstanding level of service they offer.
The UK business is part of a broader group of companies that turnover in excess of £1 Billion which provides the business with strong financial support and a platform for further future growth.
The business delivery turnkey process engineering projects for the food, beverage, distillery and pharmaceutical markets who can take customer enquiries from conceptual design right through to delivery and commissioning of a project.
As a result of their growth they are looking for a Senior Proposals Engineer with immediate effect, you will be responsible for taking the lead for the controls and electrical engineering aspects of proposals for projects the company is bidding for whilst working closely with the rest of the pre engineering team.
This is a fantastic time to join a business who also offer an agile working policy to their staff and excellent career progression prospects.
The Senior Proposals Engineer will be responsible for building up the proposal for the controls system required for project enquiries and then establishing the proposed costs for controls and electrical equipment needed for the solution. This information is then fed into the final proposal along with the mechanical and process requirements to deliver the final bid.
Your role will involve:
- Customer visits alongside sales to gather an understanding of what automation & controls solution is needed and how it will be integrated
- Establishing the controls philosophy required for the project.
- Determining the amount of time that will be needed for software programming.
- Going out for quote for costs for the PLCs, HMIs, MCCs and any other controls hardware needed for the project
- Develop the system into a schematic drawing that can be used to help the customer understand the proposed system.
- Presenting the proposed controls and automation solution to the customer along with the sales team to help them understand technically how it will work
- Create written content for the proposal about the control system
Bids could range from 50k feed studies up to 10 million full turnkey projects. More complex bids could take a month or two to bring through to completion.
For this Senior Proposals Engineer role you will need:
- An exposure to PLC controls systems.
- A supporting engineering qualification.
- A team player who can build strong relationships with others
- To be someone who enjoys coming up with solutions.
For this Senior Proposals Engineer role you will receive:
- £40,000 – 50,000
- Flexible working hours policy
- Agile working (three days in the office, two days at home)
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 Days Holiday To Use Flexibly Across the year (3 day shutdown over Christmas, you can work bank holidays and use the holiday day elsewhere)
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation