Supply chain Controller, £40,818, Derby, Day shift only
Paid overtime or banked hours, 33 days paid holiday (Including bank holidays), excellent pension, private healthcare, company.
We are looking for a Supply chain controller to join Toyota Motor Manufacturing UK (TMUK) at their world class manufacturing facility in Derbyshire. Toyota are the world’s largest automotive group, steeped in history and pioneers of technology such as the Hybrid Engine and the world-famous Toyota Production system. The groups UK arm is a critical part in the company wheel, with Derby currently operating as their flag ship site in Europe accounting for an impressive £3B of the groups £210B annual turnover.
The supply chain controller will sit within an established team of 10, responsible for ensuring Toyota’s JIT manufacturing process runs smoothly.
What’s great about working at Toyota?
- TMUK offer an extremely secure working environment, with no compulsory redundancies in their history.
- Over 120 employees are on internal development programmes across the company internally, leading to promotion.
- Every job is valued. TMUK invest in all their members to ensure they are not only reaching their potential but will have the opportunity to succeed long term.
- Have young children? Why not use the companies excellent onsite bumper nursery.
About the role
As a supply chain controller, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ordering of materials and parts – raising purchase orders.
- Ensuring correct parts, materials & stock arrives on site as expected (Part check in)
- Communicating with all levels of TMUK work force.
- Dealing with Toyotas supply chain.
- Negotiating cost / looking for opportunity to reduce spend.
- Using internal systems for capacity analyses identifying risk and opportunity.
- Utilising computer-based programs including Microsoft Excel.
- To ensure all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures.
To be considered for the role of supply chain controller you should have experience in a previous role, from a manufacturing environment.
You should be/have:
- Be comfortable working within a fast-paced and often pressurised environment.
- Be comfortable working on the shop floor, speaking to production and engineering team members.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong communication skills, confident in person and over the telephone when speaking with suppliers.
- The ability to prioritise and delegate work where necessary.
- Qualified to degree level.
Joining TMUK, you will be joining a business that places a strong emphasis on personal development and will put together a personal skills matrix for you to ensure you have all the tools necessary to do the job. There are future career progression opportunities for those that can demonstrate consistent high performance and a passion for self-development.
If you think you are the right supply chain controller for this market leader, please press apply, call Ashton on 07814905283, or email your CV too firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation