Job Title – Workshop Controller
Location – Dagenham
Salary - £25,000
Hour of Work – 8am – 4pm (Monday to Friday)
Our client is looking for a Workshop Controller, they are one the fastest growing companies in Waste Management and Processing. With the pressure on all businesses and Local Authorities to recycle as much of the waste they produce as possible, the Recycling Industry has been booming.
Processing over 3000 tons of waste a week, their sortation lines can separate paper, cardboard, plastics, glass and metals completely autonomously thanks to the state of the art Machines.
Thanks to an internal Restructure, they are now looking to recruit a Workshop Controller to take over the day to day running of the Fitters.
As a Workshop Controller you will be responsible for:
- Co ordinate all preventative and corrective repairs and maintenance are carried out to the fleet, ensuring deadlines are met and costs controlled
- Ensure that the Companies Plant and Machinery is maintained in a fit for purpose condition and that the Company standards and legal requirements are fulfilled
- To maintain a schedule of inspection, repair and services, ensuring all records are completed and up to date
- Ensure team works to company procedures and safety standards at all times
- Site Safety Walks and Inspections
- Oversee Site Contractors
- Ordering, checking and signing off spare parts using correct channels and procedures.
As a Workshop Controller you will be expected to have:
- Previous experience in a commercial vehicle workshop managing a fleet of vehicles
- Knowledge of HGV and mobile plant vehicles
- Confident communication skills, written and verbal