Workshop Engineer / Heavy Plant Engineer
Monday – Friday
8am – 4:30pm
£24,000 - £28,000
My client has state of the art facilities in Corby with a dedicated training building to offer support and development to all employees. They have multiple sites across the UK and currently have a need to expand their Corby team due to a steady rise in customer orders. They are very stable and can offer employees a long-term career with progression. They have gone from £55M turnover in 2019 to £62M in less than 2 years and it is still rising. They hold blue-chip in-house names which attract customers from all over the UK. Their wide customer base means they need reliable equipment 24/7 so you would play a vital point in the operation to keep the flow of machinery being repaired at a fast pace and a very high standard.
- To carry out refurbishments, pre delivery inspection and repairs on all types of plant machinery.
- You will be working on a multi skilled basis but ultimately having mechanical engineering experience is key. Electrically you will be fault finding on the equipment using a multimeter through to faulty components and wiring up new electrical parts such as looms and lights. Mechanical components include hydraulics, pneumatics, bearings, rollers, gearboxes and shafts. Parts would need to be swapped like for like or fitted on to brand new products.
- Agree all repairs with the Preparation Manager after initial inspection.
- Ensure all machinery has a valid Thorough Examination certificate before leaving site.
- Inspection of hire equipment, identification of any faults or damage and completing paperwork of approximate costs for customer.
- Working alone on your own initiative
- Keeping working clean, tidy and to a high standard of health and safety.
- It would be advantageous to hold a NVQ Level 3 or City and Guilds within Engineering or plant / vehicle maintenance
- To hold experience working on plant machinery / Yellow Goods / vehicles / FLT’s / HGV’s
- Must be able to work alone and use own initiative
- To be well organised and be able to plan own workload
- Good commutation skills with managements and customers
If you’re interested please apply online or send your CV to Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.