Control Systems Engineer – Rockwell / FactoryTalk
Design of software for the hygienic industry – Brewing, Distilling, Pharma, Food (Batch Process)
£45 per hour Ltd Company – Outside IR35
6-month initial contract with possible extensions.
This well-established manufacturer is the market leader in its sector and following some significant project wins, they are going through a rapid growth phase. The company is currently working on a variety of hygienic projects that require a wide range of machinery and process equipment, they are looking for several Software Engineers on a contract basis to help deliver these on time and to budget. If you believe you are suitable for this role, then please contact Steve Harrhy on 07827 295376 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of a Control Systems Engineer will involve the following:
The Controls Engineer is responsible for all software element of an integrated project through to product commissioning at site, this will involve:
- Creation of User Requirement Specification
- Creation of Functional Design Specification (FDS)
- From the FDS and P&ID the Controls engineer than carries out all the PLC Programming in Rockwell (Factory Talk SE) for systems from 100 – 10,000 I/O.
- The Controls Engineer will also create all the SCADA Screens and carry out any VB, C# or .NET programming required to allow the SCADA system to communicate the data elsewhere within the control system, this involves creating queries in SQL Databases.
- Once all software is produced it is tested using an FAT & CAT
- Controls Engineer then travels to site once the electrical/mechanical equipment has been installed and tests all the I/O to ensure they work before working with the Process Engineer for water and product commissioning
The Control Systems Engineer will need to have the following experience:
- Experience in programming control systems for the hygienic sector – Brewing, distilling, pharma and food (Batch Process)
- Rockwell ideally, will consider Siemens
- Happy to go to site to complete the commissioning phase of the project
- Excellent communication skills
The benefits of working for this company:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Good length contract with chance of extensions
- Expanding successful company with a solid order book
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website -
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to email@example.com. I can also be contacted on 07827295376.
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation