Lead Automation Engineer
£40,000 – 45,000
Our client is a globally recognised brand that has rich trading history supplying automation solutions and special purpose machinery for customers in the automotive, nuclear and FMCG markets. The business turns over in excess of £2 Billion globally with more than 10,000 employees.
In the UK they employ 150 staff and are a project based business delivering in excess of £30 million of projects to their customers each year. The business manages projects from concept to completion from engineering design, equipment build through to installation and commissioning of machinery at site.
The business is currently recruiting for a Lead Automation Engineer who will be responsible for taking customer specification for automation solutions required within manufacturing facilities and then developing the concept, drawings and detailed equipment specifications for the correct automation solution required for the project.
The business employs a 30 strong engineering team with the ability offer their customers mechanical, electrical and software design on projects they are delivering. The Lead Automation Engineering role will see someone with a mechanical design background take the initial concept agreed by sales for an automation solution needed for a manufacturing customer who want to move a product from A to B.
The solutions the company provide consist typically or Robots, Conveyors, Jigs, Fixtures, special purpose machinery and the associated electrical hardware and controls for the system. Your role as Lead Automation Engineer will be to:
- Reviewing the initial specifications agreed during sales.
- Begin to understand what bespoke equipment (jigs, fixtures, grippers) or special purpose machinery is needed for the automation solution.
- Carrying out mechanical calculations required to prove the solution such as masses of parts, energy/power, power transmission
- Producing designs for manufacture drawings on Inventor for bespoke parts that need to be manufactured such as jigs and fixtures
- Producing 2D CAD layout drawings to show the layout for the solution.
- Providing detailed equipment specifications for the equipment in the solutions (robots, conveyors, gripping systems, fixtures) for procurement to carry out purchasing.
- Providing the specifications for the electrical and controls required with support from the electrical and controls design team.
To be successful in your application for this Lead Automation Engineer role you will need:
- A HNC or above in mechanical engineering.
- Experience in producing CAD layouts and designs for special purpose equipment.
- To have had exposure to developing concepts for automation solutions previously where robots are involved.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Someone who can work collaboratively in a team.
For this Lead Automation Engineer role you will receive:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday + stats
- Agile working - 2 days from home
- Flexibility around working hours
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation