Lead Process Safety Engineer
£45,000 – 52,000 + 10% Bonus + Private Healthcare + 4% Pension
With a UK turnover more than £150 million and being part of £1 Billion group, our client manufactures products used in both the construction industry and consumer markets and are a world leader in their field.
They have over 150 staff between two locations in Derbyshire and carry out operations from product manufacturing, conversion, storage, and delivery to their customers. One of the two Derbyshire sites is a lower tier COMAH site due to the nature of the chemicals used in the production process, the other site takes the material produced from the COMAH site and converts to the size and shape fit for customer purpose.
The business has had a fantastic 2021 so far with the Derbyshire sites being one of the best performing in the group.
The company are now looking for a Lead Process Safety Engineer who will be responsible for leading all the risk assessments (HAZOPs, LOPA) for changes at site and ensuring all follow up actions are completed successfully.
The Lead Process Safety Engineer will be responsible for process safety related to upgrades or changes to any part of the production process at site. This will include:
- Assessing scenarios to carry out process safety risk assessments and reduce risks in major hazard accident scenarios
- Taking a holistic view of the site and being able to apply process safety design reviews and risk assessments to the site ie what’s the basis of the design, how does it fit in with the existing operations
- Leading Design Risk Assessments for onsite process safety
- Developing P&IDs
- Leading the HAZOP programme for the business
- Ensuring HAZOP actions are prioritised and closed out
- Performing or checking engineering calculations for plant modifications
- Leading incident investigations for process safety at site
- Liaising with external exports (i.e instrumentation, electrical engineering) as part of process safety reviews
- Provide process safety support for external regulators
- Lead and provide training on process safety at site
- Development of process safety management systems for the site which can be shared with wider areas of the group business
To be successful in your application for this Lead Process Safety Engineer role you will need:
- Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Ability to do specific calculations including Fluid Flow Calculations, relief valve calculations, mass energy balance calculations, equipment sizing, pressure drop calculations
- Technical experience in process engineering with skills to lead onsite safety
- COMAH Background
- Significant contributions to HAZOPs
- HAZID and LOPA experience
- Leading process safety risk assessments and management of change
- Salary range between £45,000 – 52,000
- 10% Annual Bonus
- Personal medical cover.
- The opportunity to work for a market leader in their sector.
- Autonomy to shape and lead process safety in the business.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation