Shift – Days, Afternoons and Nights (8 hours, 1 week of each rotating)
£38,000 plus paid overtime and excellent training
My client is one of the worlds largest materials handling businesses. They have been trading for over 100 years are a multi-billion dollar business and provide services in more than 200 countries globally making them a household name in their field.
The business operates several sortation sites around the UK with one of their major sites being in Castle Donnington which sorts tens of thousands of parcels every day and employs a team of three maintenance engineers to look after the equipment at site. This is fast paced environment suitable for maintenance engineers who enjoy reactive breakdown work as well as planned maintenance.
The company continuously invest in new automation to make their business operations as efficient as possible and are opening another state-of-the-art site in the Castle Donnington area later this year as evidence of their continued investment.
This is a great opportunity to move into a highly secure forward thinking industry that consistently invests in technology and can offer a challenging and rewarding career to maintenance engineers.
In this Maintenance Engineer role, a weekly rotation of days, afternoons and nights (8 hour shifts) and will be joining a team of three maintenance engineers. The installation at the Castle Donnington site consists of large number of bespoke conveyors and automated loading and unloading systems. Later this year the company are building a new state of the art system in the local area which could provide further career development opportunities for you.
As a Maintenance Engineer your day to day will involve:
- PPM activity on equipment – this is carried out during the day whilst the system isn’t operational.
- Reactive breakdown support on equipment – during sortation hours
- Walking the system to continuously assess and address any ongoing issues.
- Resolving any mechanical or electrical issues within the system when faults occur.
To be successful in your application for this Maintenance Engineer you will need to be either:
- An apprenticeship or level three engineering qualification.
- To be confident working in a fast paced environment.
- Good electrical fault-finding skills.
- To be able to think on your feet.
- Good solid mechanical fault-finding skills.
- Any PLC fault finding skills would be advantageous but not essential.
- An incredibly stable industry to work in.
- Paid Overtime
- Superb training
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0116 216 7004.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.