Shift – Days, Afternoons and Nights (8 hours, 1 week of each rotating)
£38,000 plus paid overtime and excellent training
My client is one of the world’s largest materials handling businesses. They have been trading for over 100 years are a multi-billion dollar business and provide services in more than 200 countries globally making them a household name in their field.
The business operates several sortation sites around the UK with one of their major sites being in Castle Donnington which sorts tens of thousands of parcels every day.
The company continuously invest in new automation to make their business operations as efficient as possible and are opening another state-of-the-art site in the Castle Donnington area later this year as evidence of their continued investment which is where this Maintenance Engineer role will be based.
This is a great opportunity to move into a highly secure forward thinking industry that consistently invests in technology and can offer a challenging, secure and rewarding career to maintenance engineers.
In this Maintenance Engineer role, a weekly rotation of days, afternoons and nights (8 hour shifts) and will be joining a team of three maintenance engineers. The new site installation will consists of large number of bespoke conveyors, an automated sortation system and automated loading and unloading systems.
Initially you will go spend time at the other sites within the company to understand more about the equipment you will be maintaining, you will also be involved in the commissioning process of the new equipment coming to site again to give you as much equipment familiarisation as possible before the site goes live.
As a Maintenance Engineer your day to day will involve:
- PPM activity on equipment – this is carried out during the day whilst the system isn’t operational.
- Reactive breakdown support on equipment – during sortation hours
- Walking the system to continuously assess and address any ongoing issues.
- Resolving any mechanical or electrical issues within the system when faults occur.
To be successful in your application for this Maintenance Engineer you will need to be either:
- A mechanical or electrical engineering qualification.
- To be confident working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good electrical fault-finding skills.
- To be able to think on your feet.
- Good solid mechanical fault-finding skills.
- An incredibly stable industry to work in.
- Paid Overtime
- Superb training
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to email@example.com or give me a call on 0116 216 7004.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.