Job Title – Maintenance Engineer
Shifts – 3’s and 2’s Days only! (week 1 Mon, Tues, Sat and sun) (week 2 Wed, Thurs, Fri)
Location – Abingdon
Salary - £43,104 (Overtime available)
Benefits – 5-10% pension! 21 days holiday Plus 8 bank holiday, Fantastic Overtime package!
My client is looking for a Maintenance Engineer, our client is one of UK’s largest manufacturer of Construction Products in the UK, supply Bricks, Pre-cast Concrete Products, Roof and Floor tiles, Chimneys and Insulation Products to the Domestic Construction Companies, plus Civils, Rail and Highways sectors which in term makes the very stable in the current climate.
The business has been established well over 50 years with over 15 manufacturing sites across the UK! This year even with everything going on have continued to invest with an install of a £500k bit of kit.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- The planned and reactive maintenance and service of Conveyors, Brick Presses, Dryers and Kilns.
- Mechanically you will mainly be replacing worn out parts which will include rollers, bearings, pulleys and hydraulics.
- Electrical work will include working with sensors and three phase kit
- Mainly swapping both electrical and mechanical components like for like with the odd strip and rebuild project.
- Being involved with project and continuous improvement work meaning you are engineering problems out as appose to sticking a plaster on it.
To be successful as a Maintenance engineer you must have the following skills, abilities or qualifications:
- Must have a recognised Mechanical Engineering Qualification.
- Previous experience working in a maintenance role.
- Happy to get a little bit dirty/dusty.
- Worked with Hydraulics.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you should expect:
- You will be joining a highly successful £multi-million company who can offer a massive amount of stability and security.
- Opportunity for progression technical.
- Fantastic salary and benefits package.
- Contribution Pension