Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Monday to Friday – 1st week 6am – 2pm - 2nd week 2pm – 10pm
Our client is an established employer who have been around since the 1950s, supplying businesses in the UK and around the world with their quality product. Due to their continued success they have been able to further invest in to their facility at Northampton plant to introduce better machinery to cope with the on-going demand.
You will be joining a team of 6 engineers who have served the the business for many years and have a great undertanding of their machinery. In this role you will be the go to engineer for all electrical work. This is a demanding role within a heavy industry with team work being key to all you do.
Working on this state-of-the-art equipment your focus as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be to carry out all the planned and reactive electrical work required at site. This will include CNC machines, Welding robots, paint spraying equipment and powder coating machinery. Your role will involve:
- For the first few months you will shadow of one the senior maintenance engineers at site before moving onto your shift.
- Electrical work including fault finding and dealing with issues with electrical components such as relays, inverters, PLCs, safety systems, AC/DC, and sensors.
- Replacing motors.
- PLC Fault finding
- Carrying out planned electrical checks on components on site.
- Across the two shifts at site there are six maintenance engineers and you will have two mechanical maintenance engineers working with you on shift.
The ideal Electrical Maintenance Engineer role will need:
- An electrical qualification to level 3 or equivalent
- Experience as maintenance engineer in an engineering or manufacturing environment.