Maintenance Engineer, £45,000, 3 shift - Monday-Friday , 6% pension, generous holiday allowance,
About the role
Benefits – Fantastics training available, Lots of overtime paid at 1.5 and 2.0
About the company
ATA is working with one of the UKs largest manufacturers within their field who is looking for an experienced maintenance engineer to join their team in Welwyn.
The company, who turn over north of 400 million, have multiple manufacturing sites dotted throughout the UK which are all specially purpose built to house an efficient and LEAN manufacturing process. Due to their market sustaining an impressive period of growth, my client has grown as a business by £100 million over the last three years. Growth has allowed them to acquire some of their competition and put in future plans to safeguard their business. These plans include building a brand-new supersite which will be the largest and most automated of its kind in Europe.
Their site specialises in the manufacture of extruded bricks and with demand in the housing market rising sharply, the site will produce around 50 million bricks per annum supplying to builders’ merchants across the UK.
About the role
As a Maintenance Engineer you will have the responsibility of keeping breakdown time to a minimum, improving machine efficiency and working in conjunction with the groups LEAN and continuous improvement plans. This is a multifaceted position and responsibilities will be split between working in a hand on and hands-off capacity.
Hands on responsibilities include;
- The planned and reactive maintenance and service of all the state of the art kit on site at site.
- Working as part of a large on-site maintenance engineering team of over 30 engineers.
- Mechanically you will mainly be replacing worn out parts on the conveyors which will include rollers, bearings and pulleys.
- Electrical work will include reading through electrical schematics, utilizing electrical test equipment such as multi-meters and fault finding on panels.
- Mainly swapping both electrical and mechanical components like for like with the odd strip and rebuild project,
- PPM, remedial repair and reactive maintenance
- PLC fault finding
- Root cause analysis
- Project work
To be considered for this Maintenance Engineer you should either already be working in a similar position or be driven to make the next step in your career. With the site being siemens S7 control it is important that you come from an automated environment, with exposure to PLC systems. Due to the environment, you must be happy working within a industrial manufacturing environment that is loud, dirty and exposed to the elements.
It is also important you have the following skills, abilities or qualifications:
- Recognised electrical engineer qualification (Level 3 or above)
- Ideally work within a industrial environment.
- PLC experience – ability to plug in and fault find (Desirable)
- Must have excellent knowledge of H&S.