Derbyshire (Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Stafford)
Up to £27,000 + 24 Days Holiday (Raising to 25 after 1st year) + Company Pension
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs nearly 200 staff of which over 100 are employed in professional engineering roles (18 of whom are chartered) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and are on a mission to grow from a £50 million to £100 million business in the next four years.
The company are looking to recruit a Materials Purchaser to join their passionate and newly developed procurement team.
The Materials Purchaser will be responsible for placing orders for equipment for projects (pumps, sheet steel, valves, pipework, panels, cables, flanges etc) for projects that are being carried out.
This will include:
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers with PO Number
- Chasing up to ensure order acknowledgment has been received – maximum within 48 hours
- Agreeing delivery date for items
- Progress chasing for supply updates
- Manging up delays to goods being received to project teams.
- Lead times on items could be 1 – 20 weeks
- Tracking what has been purchased to ensure they know what needs following up on
- Ensuring the cost codes are correct for ordered items for the cost engineers to place correctly in the system.
To be successful in your application for this Materials Purchaser role you will need.
- Previous experience placing orders within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Experience chasing progress
- Proactive nature
- Can-do attitude
Some of the benefits for this buyer role include:
- Up to £27,000
- 24 days holiday (rising to 25 after 1 year)
- Agile working policy 2 days from home per week
- Flexible holiday policy
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation