Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Continental Shifts (Days Only)
£43,000 + Paid Overtime
Our client is one of the UK’s leading construction material manufacturers with twenty manufacturing sites around the country. The company turns over in excess of £300 million a year and has a long-standing proven track record as a manufacturer of the highest quality products.
Their site in Abingdon has recently invested over half a million pounds in upgrades to plant and employs a close-knit engineering team who report to a Plant Manager who has been with the business for over a decade. They are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with some electrical skills to join the team.
The site has a large range of equipment including kilns, mixing machinery, drying ovens and a range of different type of conveyor systems. You will be responsible for carrying out all the planned and reactive mechanical maintenance work on the machinery as well some electrical work. Your key duties will include:
- Hydraulic and pneumatic repairs.
- Motor replacements
- General Fitting
- Fabrication and welding of components.
- Mechanical Planned Maintenance – the site organises a shut down one day every two weeks to focus on PPMs.
- Providing support to the site apprentice.
- Electrical work will involve wiring motors, testing of relays and carrying out basic fault finding.
You will be working a Continental Days Only shift pattern which runs as follows:
Week 1 – Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 2 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
To be successful in your application for this Mechanical Maintenance Engineer role you will need:
- A mechanical engineering qualification.
- Mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing or engineering setting.
- To be confident working unsupervised.
- Basic electrical fault finding and testing experience.
- Paid Overtime
- Company Pension
- A close knit team.
- A Plant Manager who has been with the business for over a decade.
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to email@example.com or give me a call on 0116 216 7004.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.