Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Panama Shifts (Days and Nights)
£36,000 + Paid Overtime OTE 38-40K + 10% Contributory Pension
Well established as one of the UK’s largest manufacturers of construction materials this business boasts some of the most well-known brands in their sector. Their commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing investment has led to strong organic growth in recent years and minimal disruption despite these unprecedented times.
Their site near Newbury in Nottinghamshire is a 60 person manufacturing site employing with an engineering team of 12 on site. They are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to complete the team with immediate effect.
In this role you will be joining an engineering team of twelve, there are currently three mechanical maintenance engineers in the team and four electrical maintenance engineers all reporting to the senior engineers and Engineering Manager for the site. The equipment used in the manufacturing process includes mixers, conveyors and casting machinery.
The role will work on a Panama Shift pattern which works as follows:
- Monday/Tuesday 6am to 6pm
- Wednesday/Thursday/Friday Off
- Saturday/Sunday Nights 6pm to 6am
- Monday/Tuesday off
- Wednesday/Thursday/Friday Days 6am to 6pm
- Saturday/Sunday Off
For the first few months you will work on days alongside of one the most experienced members of the team before moving onto your shift. There is a large variety of equipment including conveyors, cranes, large mixing machines and moulding machinery at the site and your role will involve:
- Mechanical maintenance on the conveyors, mixing machinery, moulding machinery and cranes on the site.
- Carrying out planned maintenance during the one day a week the site keeps aside for 8 hours of PPMs.
- Hydraulic Work – replacing manifolds, actuators, bleeding and replacing pumps, changing separators and hydraulic cylinders.
- Pneumatics – replacing components such as valves
- Stick (ARC) welding and using workshop machinery to fabricate parts for machines.
The ideal Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will need:
- A mechanical engineering qualification such as an apprenticeship, City & Guilds, ONC/HNC or NVQ Level 3
- Experience carrying out mechanical maintenance in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- To be happy working Panama Shifts
The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer can expect to shadow a senior member of the team initially before moving onto shifts after two to three months. There is also a promote from within policy so there will be scope to progress into people management or into more technical roles
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0116 216 7004
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.