Process/Senior Process Engineer
Derbyshire (Commutable from Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham and Sheffield)
£35,000 – 50,000 + £4,300 Car Allowance + Agile Working + Competitive Pension
ATA Recruitment are working exclusively with a leading process engineering business who run multi-million pound turnkey process engineering projects for the food, beverage, distillery and pharmaceutical markets. We are currently supporting the business in the recruitment of a Process or Senior Process Engineer who will work in their pre-engineering function. You will be responsible for engaging the customers who have enquiries for new projects, understand their requirements, producing the process design for the project and then working with the rest of the department to pull the proposal together for the customer.
The business turns over £50 million and deliver projects through design, equipment procurement and installation for customers in the UK, USA and Asia predominantly. The UK business is part of a European group of companies with a turnover in excess of €350 million.
The business has been trading over 250 years, employs over 200 people and is currently going through a growth phase due to several large turnkey project wins in the UK, USA and Europe. As a result of this the company have very ambitious growth plans to double their turnover in the next three years.
They are a true engineering business who employ over 100 staff in engineering roles across process design, mechanical design, controls and automation and project engineering. The business offers their customers consultancy services and full turnkey project management services to their clients and are seeing a large increase in the number of turnkey projects they are winning. Many of their customers are large blue chip global FMCG companies which a testament to the first-class service they offer.
This Process/Senior Process Engineering role sits within the company’s pre-engineering division. When the sales team identify enquiries for new projects they are then passed on to the pre-engineering team to create proposals for the customer. Your role within this will be:
- To take the URS or enquiry from the customer.
- To engage with the customer to ensure the enquiry is fully understood – this could involve site visits with the customer.
- Development of the P&ID and process design required for the project.
- Carrying out chemical engineering and process calculations to establish what equipment will be needed for the process.
- This will involve tank sizing, pipework sizing, flow rate calculations and mass/energy balance calculations.
- To liaise with the electrical and software experts within the team who will feedback on the solution required for these areas and the proposed costs for these areas.
- To tender for the mechanical equipment required in the project.
- To estimate the engineering hours the project will take to deliver.
- To build all of this information into a proposal that will be delivered to the customer.
My client is looking for a Process/Senior Process Engineer with:
- Experience carrying out process design work.
- The ability to develop P&IDs
- Someone who enjoys customer engagement and liaising with customers.
- A strong team player
- A Chemical Engineering degree.
- £35,000 – 50,000 dependent upon experience
- Car Allowance circa £4,300
- Flexible working hours policy
- Agile working with two days homeworking per week.
- Company Pension which increases with age
- 30 Days Holiday to Use Flexibly Across the year (3 day shutdown over Christmas, you can work bank holidays and use the holiday day elsewhere)
All applications for the position are being managed via ATA Recruitment, please apply online for a speedy consideration.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation