Role: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £54,000 + Overtime
Shifts: 4 on 4 off (Days and Nights)
Benefits: Pension Matched to 10% + Overtime + Holiday + Discounts on shops + Tailored training to your needs
A leading manufacturing business at the heart of the development of technology within industrial engineering over the years are currently looking to add to their skilled maintenance engineering function of 16 engineers!
With a turnover of the whole group of £14bn, they can provide some excellent job security with some fantastic investment into the site to match! £35 million has been invested recently into a brand new plant which is one of the biggest and most technologically advanced in the world giving you an opportunity to work with some of the latest automation on the market.
Beyond the great working environment, it is a fast moving process too with two million units produced weekly meaning that there is never a dull moment on site, whether its working with your team to solve a machine breakdown, taking on exciting continuous improvement projects or learning more with fantastic tailored training opportunities, my client can offer it all for the right maintenance engineer.
The role if maintenance engineer will include the following responsibilities:
- A mixture of reactive and planned maintenance on all the automated machinery on site including: Conveyors, Packaging Machinery, Mixers, Slicers, Silos, and Weighers
- Continuous Improvement projects and root cause analysis with the ability to take your ideas to project stage and seeing these all the way through (This is actively encouraged in the engineering department)
- Working electrically in/with: Control Panels, 3 Phase power, Sensors, Relays, Contactors,
- Mechanically working with: Pneumatic systems, Bearings, belts, Gearboxes, Shafts
- Working within a team of engineers split between reactive and planned/improvement maintenance.
- Working on PLCs to aid with fault finding, reading inputs and outputs and getting stuck in with the controls and systems engineer on site.
- The Right candidate for the role of maintenance engineer will be/have
- A recognised Engineering qualification
- Confident fault finding skills in an industrial setting both electrically and mechanically
- Be able to thrive in a fast paced automated manufacturing environment
- Experience working as a maintenance engineer in an industrial environment
- Able to come up with ideas for improvements of machines and take these to senior engineers on site
- Work well within a team of engineers
The Benefits included in the role of maintenance engineer will be as follows:
- Plenty of Overtime Opportunities
- 24 Shifts holiday
- Up to 10% Pension matched
- Tailored training opportunities using an internal skills matrix to spot areas of improvement with constant reviews and opportunities to better yourself.
- Discounts on over 500 shops!
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation